School workshops are run by Miranda Mitchell, a freelance Education Officer who has worked closely with Horsham Museum over a number of years to tell, explain and explore fascinating stories.. The workshops offer talks and handling sessions with a selection of high historical value items enabling greater interaction between the objects and students .
A visit from the education officer will bring history to life, capturing the children's imagination. A detailed description of the Discover and Explore services is enclosed.
Workshops can be cross-curricular and range from those designed for early years/reception through to Key Stage 4.
Workshops can be held either at your own premises or, if you wish to increase the benefit to your students, at the Museum when a walking tour of the museum can be included.
The talks and workshops are offered either by the hour or as an enrichment package (whole or half day visit).
Talks can be tailored to meet an individual school's requirements however common themes include:
- Ancient Egypt
- Corrupt Campaigns- Horsham's Political History
- Famous People from Horsham
- Fire of London
- Fossils - Be a Palaeontologist
- Historic Horsham
- Horsham Then and Now (1950s/60s)
- Holidays in the 1950s/The Seaside
- Parties in Grandma's time (1950s)
- Pictures and Portraits
- Romans in Britian
- Setting Up Your Classroom Museum
- Stone Age to Iron Age - Be an Archeologist
- Teddy Bears/Teddy Bears Picnic
- Textiles/Victorian Fashion/Suffragettes
- The Changing Landscape of Horsham
- Victorian Washday /Houses and Homes
- World War 1
- World War 2
To find out more or to book a session please contact: Miranda Mitchell on 07732 355684 email email@example.com