Horsham Museum and Art Gallery values the contribution of its volunteer work force of around sixty people who undertake a range of tasks that include:
- Reminiscence Loan Box Service
- Maintaining the Museum gardens
- Cleaning objects
- Fulfilling object/archive requests
- Proof reading
- Oral history recording
We can offer:
- A unique working environment
- Interesting and diverse work
- Valuable work experience
- The opportunity to work on historic objects and manuscripts
- An opportunity to use your skills or develop new ones
- Meeting new people who share your interests
Please note that at the current time we are not looking to recruit new volunteers for cataloguing or object-based projects as we have sufficient people for the tasks in hand.
If however you are interested in volunteering or gaining some work experience and would like your details to be kept on file for future vacancies, please contact the Curator for a preliminary discussion or complete an application form and send it to the Curator, who will contact you in due course to discuss volunteering possibilities.