Horsham District Council’s is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use the Horsham Museum website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader
The Horsham Museum website is built using the Squiz Matrix content management system.
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Measures to support accessibility
Horsham District Council takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Horsham Museum’s website:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff
- Include people with disabilities in our user research programmes
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods
- Maintain an accessibility improvement roadmap
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
The Horsham Museum website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Horsham Museum website.
Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on The Capitol website:
- Phone: 01403 215100
- Email: email@example.com
- Postal address: Parkside, Chart Way, Horsham RH12 1RL
We try to respond to feedback within 5 working days.
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 5 working days, and to propose a solution within 10 working days.
You are entitled to escalate a complaint to the Council’s complaints officer firstname.lastname@example.org, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.
Accessibility of the Horsham Museum website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Horsham Museum’s website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Screen reader, font size, colour theme, ruler, screen mask, dictionary, languages, text-mode, audio download, screen magnifying, adjustable settings, reset button, user guide, keyboard navigation
Horsham Museum’s website is designed to be compatible with the following browsers:
- Safari, Chrome, IE, Edge, Samsung internet, Firefox, Safari (in-app), Amazon silk, Android webview, Opera, Opera Mini, Android browser, UC browser, Bitdiscovery, Blackberry, DDG-Android-3.1.0, Maxthon, Mozilla, Mozilla Compatible Agent, Puffin, PS4, SeaMonkey, YaBrowser, BrowserNG, Iron
Horsham Museum’s website is designed to be compatible with the following operating systems:
- iOS, Windows, Android, Macintosh, Chrome OS, Linux, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Xbox, Tizen, SymbianOS, Google TV
Horsham Museum’s website is not compatible with:
- Dillo, iCab, Lunascape, Lynx, Mosaic, NetSurf
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Horsham Museum’s website, there may be some limitations.
Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Horsham Museum’s website:
- PDF documents: might not be suitable with current assistive technologies because they were not formatted correctly to support accessibility. We aim to reformat documents to new formats upon request within 10 working days. Please contact email@example.com for support.
- Some videos don’t have captions or transcripts. We are working to update our videos to ensure they all include captions and transcripts.
Navigation and accessing information
Interactive tools and transactions
Horsham District Council assessed the accessibility of Horsham Museum’s website by the following approaches:
- Silktide automated reporting and benchmarking
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by Horsham District Council’s Head of Technology Services.
This statement was last updated on 6 July 2020. We update this statement annually and will next review it in